Friday, June 28, 2013

Free For All Friday Comparison: BBW Signature Lemon Vanilla v.s. VS Lemon Escape

Lindsay here, doing a comparison of the discontinued Lemon Vanilla from BBW, and new Lemon Escape from Victoria's Secret Fantasies collection. I was never really a fan of VS until just recently but I have to say that some of their stuff is really nice.


Photo credit: Bath & Body Works

The notes in Lemon Vanilla are the following:

Top Notes: Burst of Fresh Lemon, Sparkling Citron, Juicy Orange, Iced Bergamot, Zesty Mandarin
Middle Notes: Purple Vanilla Orchid, Freesia, Yellow Jasmine
Base Notes: Pink Cotton Candy Accord, Creamy White Woods, Whipped Vanilla, Sugared Musks

(taken from amazon.com)

From the bottle I smell mostly lemon and a tad bit of vanilla. But after it dries on my skin, it goes musky and loses all of it's fruitiness. When I put it on at home, I was told by my brother that I smelled like a french prostitute! So clearly this scent was not meant for me.


Photo credit: Victoria's Secret

Lemon Escape:

Being that they are known more for their lingerie than their fragrance line, most of their scents are on the simple side. The only two notes mentioned by the company are lemon sugar and coconut. Straight from the bottle it kind of reminds me of fruity pebbles to be honest (in a good way). It's very sweet and very lemony. After it settles, the sugar diminishes and the coconut comes through a little bit.

Personally, I prefer Lemon Escape which I would score a 9/10. I am really let down by how poorly Lemon Vanilla smells on me and I would have to give it a 4/10.

Lemon escape is most definitely a must have summer fragrance and if you haven't tried it, I sincerely encourage you to. It is still available at Victoria's Secret stores and online.

Until next time,
Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.