Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Eva's Story Corner: Sales Make People Do Scary Things

Scary, scary things indeed. And I'm not just talking about your garden variety sale nuts that will sell thier firstborn child to get thier hands on the last bottle of Cherry Blossom lotion you have in your hands (Yes, this happened, but that's not what this story is about. Although by the look that woman was giving me, I thought the flesh was going to melt off my face. Just put the bottle down and back away slowly).

Anyway, here I was, shopping the Semi-Annual Sale, scouring the boxes in vain  thinking I might magically find a bottle of Lemon Vanilla shower gel but alas, to no avail. 

(Hey, you never know what you'll find. That's how I found the last tube of Capri Seaside Citrus super fruit body scrub. I saw photos of hauls where someone found a Cinnamon Sugared Donut 3-Wick Candle and another who found Sweet on Paris shower gel. You go, Glen Coco!)

But that particular day, I felt defeated and believed that it would be a shame to walk out empty handed.

So I went and looked at scents I never paid much attention to. And the pretty packaging of Rome Honeysuckle Amore caught my eye. It smelled alright in the bottle and it was on sale, so why not? My inner shopaholic was egging me on like the Green Scarf from that Isla Fischer movie. So I sprayed it on my wrist and la-dee-dah'd around the store for a while. 

And then I sniffed my wrist.

That was when my common sense put on her sassy hat and told me I smelled like a dying sea monster from hell. And I'm not even going to try to argue against her, because she was pretty spot on. Never has a scent smelled so horrible on me (aside from Victoria's Secret Sky Bright, so maybe I'll do a review on that in the future...)

Yeah, moral of the story? Just because something is on sale does not mean you need it. And just because it is cheaper does not mean it will smell any better. Rule of thumb: if you wouldn't buy it at full price, don't buy it when it's on sale. 

You will still smell like a dying sea monster, no matter how cheap it is.

- Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.