Thursday, June 20, 2013

Eva's Summer Loves: Capri Seaside Citrus

Happy Thursday, everyone! Like Lindsay, I'll be doing a top five scents of summer series for you all. Mine aren't going to be in any particular order, because I seem to wear them equally! The first on this list is a scent from the Italy collection called Capri Seaside Citrus.



Let's start off with the official description from BBW's website:

"Lavishly spray on our sunny seaside fragrance and radiate this sparkling blend of fresh citrus, juicy nectarine and orange flower.

Top Notes: Mediterranean Grapefruit, Sparkling Bergamot, Juicy Nectarine
Mid Notes: Muguet, Orange Flower, Coconut
Dry Notes: Amber Driftwood, Creamy Musks, Whipped Vanilla"

So at first sniff, straight from the bottle, I pick up a bit of the saltiness you'd associate with it being a "seaside" inspired fragrance. It's most definitely citrus-y, but I don't pick up on any of the musk or amber when it's in the bottle. I don't get any of the muguet either (which for those of you like me who had to go ask google what the heck it was, translates to "lily of the valley". Very fancy, BBW, very fancy indeed). However, I definitely can smell the spicy kick from the bergamot right off the bat.

After it settles on my skin, it mixes wonderfully. I hold onto most of the fruity notes - namely the nectarine and grapefruit. I get a bit of the floral in there too, which I'm going to safely say is the orange flower and not the muguet. (I don't love the smell of lilies because they smell like a funeral home. Just my personal taste). Strangely, the spiciness of the bergamot doesn't stick on me but I definitely get some of the vanilla and a little bit of the musk, which is funny considering I can't smell it straight from the bottle. Fragrance is a fickle thing!

I really love this scent for spring and summer. It's light, beachy and not at all overwhelming like some fruity or citrus-y summer scents can be. I have Capri Seaside Citrus in a fine fragrance mist, shower gel, body lotion and super fruit body scrub. Capri Seaside Citrus went on sale at the beginning of the Semi-Annual Sale, so if you're interested in going and giving it a sniff for yourself, I'd high tail it to your local Bath & Body Works. Otherwise, there is a fair amount of it still available online!

I hope you enjoyed this review! Stick around for more reviews on Lindsay's and my top picks for summer! 

- Eva.

1 comment:

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.