Friday, June 28, 2013

Eva's Summer Loves: Coconut Lime Breeze

Good morning everyone! Eva here, with the second installment to my top five summer series. Today's chosen fragrance is Coconut Lime Breeze.

So I don't know about you, but over here in the northeast it has taken a little while to warm up for summer. I was a bit sad because I felt like I could break this one out until it actually felt like summer. To me, while I am quite liberal with most of the other fragrances I wear, this is definitely summer specific.

To start, let's talk about the notes:

  • Top Notes: Sparkling Tangerine, Lemon Italy Orpur, Neroli, Bergamot Italia Orpur, Zesty Lime Juice
  • Mid Notes: Watery Melon notes, Sheer Muget, Pineapple Juice, Jasmine Petals, Lime Blossom
  • Dry Notes: Sheer Coconut Water, Sandalwood, Musk, Madagascar Vanilla


From the bottle, it's pretty self explanatory. You definitely get a lot of the coconut and most definitely the tangy kick of the lime and the other citrus notes. I don't smell any of the floral either in the bottle or on my skin, but I do smell a faint hint of the vanilla and the bergamot, which gives the fragrance a fullness that I feel Coconut Lime Verbena did not have (but I'll save that discussion for a later time...)

This scent is pretty straightforward on me and smells exactly as you'd expect it to. I pick up a decent amount of the coconut but a lot of the various citrus. I definitely pick up some of the vanilla too, but not so much the spicy kick of the bergamot and none of the floral (and for those of you who forgot, "muguet" is "lily of the valley". Lilies reminds me of funeral homes. Or Lily Potter, but I don't know what she smelled like).

Overall, I really feel this is a staple in my summer fragrance wardrobe. I admit that I don't reach for this as often as I should, but when I do, I feel very beachy! I give this fragrance a 7/10. If you're looking for a new summer fragrance, go give this on a whiff! It is available both online and in stores now.

Have an awesome summer, everyone,

Eva.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.