Thursday, June 20, 2013

First Impressions: Summer Lovin' Collection

(Updated on 6/26: this collection has since been renamed or the true name has been revealed to be the Summer Twist collection).

Hello there! I decided to stop in Bath and Body Works today when I heard about the Fresh Picked sale (I already have Fresh Picked Pear in the shower gel and lotion, nothing else from the line thrilled me). As I was perusing the sales bins (again) I spotted up at the register the three new Summer Lovin' fragrances in lotion form!

To tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed. 

Mango Melon Twist smelled straight up like mango and cantaloupe. No floral undertones, no musk or anything to give it more depth or complexity. I really found this one offensive because I really dislike the smell of mango.

Plum Lily Swirl was definitely unexpected but not in the best way. Would you imagine a fragrance with "plum" and "lily" in the name to smell like Clean Cotton? Me neither. I got absolutely no hint of the plum or any kind of fruit, but the lily did come through a little bit. For the most part, though, it smelled like clean laundry. Que bizarre bizarre indeed. 

Sugar Berry Smash was really nice though, but is very very close to Be Enchanted. However, Be Enchanted is definitely muskier. I think SBS is in the same family as Venice Dolce Berry and maybe even Sweet on Paris, with the darker berry notes but something very candy like on top, making it a much lighter fragrance overall.

I only got to smell the lotions though, so those aren't my final thoughts. I will definitely have a better idea when i smell the fragrance itself. The collection launches on July 8th, after the Semi-Annual Sale is over, as confirmed by an employee at the store.

If you get a chance to smell the lotions (or even the fine fragrance mist) before it launches, let me know what you think of them in the comments.

Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.