Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Sunday Haul

Hey everyone, Eva here. Lindsay didn't buy anything this week but I think I went a little crazy at Victoria's Secret this week. I made a couple of stops before work and did a little bit of damage each time that just kept adding up. This is the only Victoria's Secret store I like shopping at out of the three I can get to easily because the associate are so freaking friendly and wonderful.

I live in upstate NY but and a NJ native. I often go back to visit and I have had more than a few experiences with snotty associates back home, hence why I probably stayed away from trying VS products. It's unfortunate, but it's true. But this once store, every single time I go in, no matter who is working, they are always so nice and helpful. I'm not a regular at that store, but you can bet I will be.

Also, in a few weeks, I'll be headed back to NJ for a short vacation to see my family and Lindsay! You can most definitely expect for good hauls from us because we are self-proclaimed shopaholics.

Anyway, on to this week's haul!

Eva

I went to Victoria's Secret and did some massive damage.

All of the Fantasies were on sale for 3/$25 or 5/$30, as they almost always are. I got the scent Sparkling Sun (lemon chiffon and sun kissed orchid) from the Beach Dreams Collection in fragrance mist and lotion, as well as Ocean Bloom (ocean breeze and apple blossom) in fragrance mist and lotion. From the Brights collection, I got Love Rush (wild currant and bright lily) in lotionshower gel, and fragrance mist, as well as Lemon Escape in the eau de toilette and body scrub (I LOVE this scent so much). In the scent Pure Seduction, I got a shower gel and fragrance mist. Then in Love Spell, I got a fragrance mistlotionshower gel and scrub.

From the PINK line, I got Sweet & Flirty fragrance mist, Ready To Party fragrance mist, and Wild At Heart body scrub / body wash.

Then Lindsay sent me some presents via my mother, who was in NJ for a few days, and she gave me another Sweet & Flirty mist, which my mother took off my hands, as well as Fresh & Clean fragrance mist and Wild & Breezy fragrance mist.

I also picked up some stuff from Victoria's Secret that I found on a sale table for 75% off that I picked up for Lindsay - Midnight Dare lotionbody wash, and fragrance mist (which was a good guess because she only has it in the body cream and really wanted it). I do believe Midnight Dare went on sale for Semi-Annual but some stores may have some left over. I'm not sure why it isn't discounted online though. I got each piece for $2.50 or $3.00. I also found a fragrance called Berry Kiss and when I saw the notes were raspberry and praline, I knew that had Lindsay's name all over it so I got her a lotion and fragrance mist. I can't even find that one online, so check your local VS clearance section!

By the way, I know I went a little overboard, but I am justifying it because I am taking a huge BBW Semi Annual Sale bag full of unused body products that have been collecting dust to Vera House tomorrow morning before work. If you haven't heard about Vera House and what they do, you can check them out at http://www.verahouse.org/. But in short, they do amazing work for women and families affected by domestic violence in the Syracuse area. So if you are ever looking to clean out your stash, instead of giving it away to family or friends, keep your local women's charities in mind.

If you are in an abusive or harmful relationship, don't endure it, speak out. Get help and keep reaching out until someone listens - you can always go to the police, to a hospital, to a doctor or anyone in a position of authority. There are people out there who care about your health and safety, I promise you, because I know I do. And please, if you know someone in an abusive relationship, don't stay silent or stand idly by and hope someone else takes action. Say something, speak out. You may just be what saves that person's life.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.