Thursday, July 11, 2013

Eva's Summer Loves: Beautiful Day

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't done a Summer Loves post in a few weeks; it's been hectic around here with work and I prioritize getting new collection info out over doing my regular posts. Oh well! Either way, I'm going to tell you about my second favorite fragrance from Bath and Body Works - Beautiful Day!




Let's start with the notes, shall we?


  • Top Notes: Sun-kissed Apple, Dewy Pear, Sparkling Cassis
  • Mid Notes: Wild Daisies, Lily of the Valley, Fresh Pink Peony
  • Dry Notes: White Peach, Blonde Woods

Straight from the bottle, I was very excited because I love anything with apple and/or pear, and this fragrance definitely has both of these in excess. And then there it is in the mid notes, that awful "lily of the valley" that always turns me off from a fragrances. Good news for me though, because it is virtually nonexistent. There is a complexity to this fragrance from the other two florals (daisies and peonies) that is very complimentary. I don't get a lot of the woodsy-ness, but there is something slightly musky to this which I will contribute to the woods.

On me, this is absolutely fantastic. I pick up the apple and pear and the floral gets accentuated a bit, making it more of a maturing fragrance on me. But thankfully, not so mature that I should maybe be wearing an Elizabeth Arden fragrance! It is very fresh and the fruit isn't as sweet as it is in the bottle so it isn't at all overwhelming. I always get compliments whenever I wear this fragrance no matter where I go.

I give this fragrance a solid 10/10 and two thumbs way up. I just finished up the shower gel I had in this fragrance, but I still have the lotion, fine fragrance mist and super-fruit body scrub. I fully intend on getting another shower gel when it comes out in the new packaging and definitely in the Eau de Toilette. 

To the best of my knowledge, Beautiful Day is going to be around for a while because of its popularity (hopefully becoming permanent!). Beautiful Day is available in stores and online here!

Hey BBW, can you make this in candle form like you do for Twilight Woods or Japanese Cherry Blossom? 

Sincerely, Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.