Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lindsay Reviews: BBW Venice Dolce Berry

So since our summer favorites series is over, Eva and I have decided to do a review for any fragrance on Tuesdays and Thursdays, even including fragrances from other popular brands like Victoria's Secret or designer perfumes. As for today, I have chosen Venice Dolce Berry. Prior to this, BBW's berry scents were quite boring and unoriginal in my opinion. I was not a fan of Berry Vanilla or Berry Flirt, which is surprising considering I love most anything sweet and fruity. Even Be Enchanted was too musky for my liking.



Venice Dolce Berry is a sweet, fruity fragrance with a dark, but tolerate undertone. The notes include the following:

Top Notes: Pink Plumberry, Apple Blossom, White Iris

Mid Notes: Venetian Raspberry, Red Apricot, Frosted Magnolia

Dry Notes: Blackberry Musk, Sandalwood Sugar, Vanilla Biscotti

Straight from the bottle, the only notes I can distinctly pick up are plumberry, apple blossom and maybe biscotti. It's actually blended very well and none of the notes really over-power the rest. In a way it reminds me of Midnight Dare from Victoria's Secret, which is also very dark and sensual, but still kind of fruity scent.

When it settles on my skin I smell mostly the blackberry, musk and sandalwood. With that said, I personally believe this is more of a nighttime scent and might be too strong for the day time.

Knowing that it was a limited edition scent, I purchased three lotions and two fine fragrance mists. Considering I have enough shower gels to last me for the next five years, I chose not to purchase any  from this line. I wouldn't consider it one of my absolute favorites but would still rate it a decent 7/10.

Venice Dolce Berry was part of the limited edition Italy collection this past spring and went on sale for the Semi-Annual Sale, but there is still some left online here.

Did you try Venice Dolce Berry? And what are your favorite berry scents? Let me know in the comments.

- Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I liked Venice lotion in the bottle but once it was on my skin, not very pleasing. Not sure if it was my body chemestry or my nose not liking the musk and sandlewood. I liked the capri since it was a light and summery scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you that it does dry musky. I almost feel that it should not have been a summer scent especially considering that musk tend to go sour in the heat.

    ReplyDelete

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.