Thursday, July 18, 2013

Eva Reviews: PINK Fun & Fearless

Hey everyone! Happy Thursday (night)!

Since Lindsay and I decided that we would include Victoria's Secret fragrances in our cast of reviews (because Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret are both brands under the same umbrella company), I thought I'd start out with one of my favorites - Fun & Fearless, from the PINK line.

So the description on the VS website says: "Be fearless in water lily and pink currant".

Short, succinct, to-the-point. I like it.

Just like how I like this fragrance. I love the PINK line from Victoria's Secret because all of the fragrances in this line are more of a perfume-esque fragrance, more adult, yet young and fresh. I would describe them as "cologne for girls" because as opposed to the VS Fantasies line or most of Bath & Body Works' fragrances, you can't straight out smell the different notes in these for the most part. You get a general idea of "Oh, okay, this is floral, this is fresh, this is on the sweeter side, etc" but you can't pick out the individual of what the notes are. (Sidebar: The only exception I've found to this rule is in Sun Kissed, which is coconut and vanilla. But to VS credit, it is very hard to disguise coconut in fragrances, in my opinion).

I know what you're thinking: "Wait, Eva, don't lie to me. You said you don't like lilies. They remind you of funerals and heinous relatives. You've stretched this point to death. Why the heck do you like this fragrance?"

And the answer is simply this: I can't pick up anything remotely floral about this fragrance. At all. End of. This smells like a feminine cologne to me. A little darker than PINK Fresh & Clean or PINK Wild At Heart but not as dark as something like BBW Into The Wild. This isn't nearly a clubbing fragrance. Which is why I wear this to work. I mentioned I work at Yankee Candle and the thing with working there (versus working in a cubicle or makeup counter or clothing store, etc) is that the fragrance you wear cannot interfere with the fragrances of the candles. We shouldn't really wear anything at all, but I find anything from the PINK line (minus Warm & Cozy and Sun Kissed) are very neutral, appropriate fragrances and so they are completely fine.

The only downside to this fragrance is the lasting power. I find I get four hours out of it before it starts to really fade. But then again, VS says their PINK mists have "a subtle hint of scent". Code for: Drench yourself otherwise this will be gone if you don't reapply. And don't even think about sweating.

I would give Fun & Fearless a 6/10. This is a good fragrance, but I don't find myself reaching for it for anything other than work. Fun & Fearless is a permanent PINK fragrance and is available here.

Have you tried Fun & Fearless or any of the other PINK fragrances? Let me know in the comments!

Have a great weekend all,

Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're always grateful to hear back from our readers, but please remember to comment respectfully, otherwise your comment may be taken down.